Crisis hotline provides immediately available, 24-hour confidential personal response by phone to individuals presenting a crisis related to domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
Our hotline is fully staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including all holidays. When you call (803) 649-0480, you will be directly connected to an advocate. You can remain anonymous, as we know this is a very frightening but incredibly brave step for you to make.24-hour hospital accompaniment
Hospital accompaniment provides victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in person support on a 24-hour basis.
Survivors who are able to get to an emergency room after an assault will typically receive the following services:
- A trained advocate from Cumbee Center will be notified by hospital staff.
- The advocate can provide information and emotional support during the survivor's time at the hospital, answer common questions about legal and medical processes, assist the survivor in planning for their safety following the assault, and connect the survivor to follow up services and other resources.
Our emergency shelter is a safe haven for those fleeing from domestic violence. We offer a secure and temporary residence along with the related necessities such as food and clothing. Our shelter offers a safe environment for victims of intimate partner violence and their children 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, free of charge.
While in emergency shelter we are also able to provide victims with the following services:
- A trained staff member at all times to provide one-on-one support
- Assistance to victim in locating suitable living arrangements
- Case management services
- Assistance to victim in arranging health services, including substance abuse
- Family oriented activity sessions that allow them to explore new ways to live independently in order to enhance the quality of their lives.
- Assistance in making contacts with other organizations within the community that are beneficial to the lives of victims and their families
- Assistance in transportation when needed in association with service access
- Access to food that is nutritionally balanced and clothing when needed.